8-Week MBSR Course – Active Duty
10% Discount for Active Duty / Military Personnel
Orientation Sessions Begin January
Monday, January 27, 2020 @ 6:00 pm -8:30 pm
Saturday, February 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
February 3 – March 23
Monday Evenings 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Please note: Class 1 runs an extra 30 minutes, Class 8 runs an extra 60 minutes
All-Day Retreat Included – Saturday, March, 14 8:45 am – 4:30 pm
102 City Park Road, Boerne, TX 78006
Make a change in your life with Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Learn to access and cultivate your natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind.
MBSR 8-week In-person Program
Learn to cultivate life-long tools that will help you maximize your life, even when facing stress, illness and pain.
Throughout the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Your instructor will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Systematic instruction in formal MBSR meditation practices, with opportunity to check in with teacher
- Daily home assignments
- Downloadable home practice audio files and a home practice workbook
The first step toward enrollment in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an Orientation Session – before the start of classes. These Orientation Sessions are free of charge and are required of all participants before beginning the program. During these sessions you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and explore whether it is right for you
- Meet program instructor
- Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
- Confirm your place in the class and enroll in the program
All Day Class
The All-Day class is an intensive 7.5 hour session of mindfulness practices intended to assist participants in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness across multiple situations in their lives, while simultaneously preparing them to utilize mindfulness far beyond the conclusion of the MBSR program.
This all-day class takes place between weeks six and seven. The intensive nature of this session is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of MBSR skills across multiple situations in your life. Having established a daily mindfulness practice during the previous 6 weeks, you will be better prepared to benefit from this class.
- Make sure to bring a lunch
- Wear loose fitting clothes in layers since the temperature may fluctuate
- Bring mats, cushions, blankets, or any other items to help in your practice